Tuesday, August 21, 2012

BlogElul: Intentions

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" -said by my friend who probably doesn't want me to use her name (not sure where this originally comes from.)

I didn't realize this about myself until I became more of an adult (whatever that means...), but I can be very snarky, sarcastic and cynical. Some may see this as pessimism, but I just see it as being a realistic optimist. 
I think that good intentions are at the core of every human being. However, good intentions mean nothing if the end result is nothing good. How can we work to have our good intentions become more than just intentions? How can we encourage the young people we mentor to do the same? Habits form early, and the earlier in life we can guide youth towards more than just good intentions is setting them up to travel towards, as my friend said, something other than hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment