Thursday, December 31, 2009

A look back, and a leap forward

2009 was a good year. A really good year. I spent my last semester of college learning from incredible people, taking in all the wonderful things that I loved about college. I met some of my best friends at Binghamton. Six months out of college it's nice to know that I'm still close with the ones that were really important to me. This summer was not the most memorable summer, but one that allowed me to grow and realize what is really important in my life. Now here I am, working at my first real job, and loving every minute of it. Every day I wake up excited to see what the day will bring-solidifying my decision to commit to working in the Jewish world long-term.

I've never been one to keep New Year's resolutions, but here is what I did this year:

-Graduated college


-Kept in touch with friends from college


-Got an awesome job


-Lived outside of NY state for the first time...ever

-Got healthier (lost 15 pounds and started going to the gym every other day...I'm able to run 1+ miles and bike 3+ miles-who have I become?!)

Some things I've decided to work on for 2010:

-Pray every day (I love liturgy, I teach liturgy- I feel like I need to be doing a better job of practicing what I preach)

-Go to the gym every day (but  take off a day on the weekend) I feel so much better when I go to the gym so why not go more often?

-Be conscious of what I am consuming, and make healthier choices (the Jewish food movement has always sparked my interest, and it's something I want to integrate into my life.)

-Learn how to be financially responsible (For the first time in a long time, I do not have to worry about having enough money to eat, pay the few bills I have, etc., and am not so good at budgeting what I have.)

No comments:

Post a Comment